Stacey's Reviews > I Am Papa Snap and These Are My Favorite No Such Stories

I Am Papa Snap and These Are My Favorite No Such Stories by Tomi Ungerer

Sep 12, 11

bookshelves: short-stories

One day Papa Snap heard of a very hungry sofa, owned by a Mr. Mulch. "What a wonderful No Such Story that would make!" he thought. That same night Papa Snap paid a visit to Mr. Mulch, and was never seen again. Someday I will have a band called Papa Snap. . . I love how irreverent this book is. I just read about Tomi Ungerer recently, so I didn't know much about his books. He was good friends with Maurice Sendak and Shel Silverstein. The three authors have a very distinct sense of humor, enough on the dark side of things to make kids a little creeped out in a way that they don't really know why. It's creepiness in the illustrations and in the way that the adults in the stories do very bizarre things. But it's not creepy enough to have nightmares or anything, just images that get burned on your brain and make you remember the time and place where you first heard the story. Roald Dahl and Dr. Seuss are a little like that, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Papa Snap and These Are My Favorite No Such Stories.