J'aime's Reviews > The White Road

The White Road by Lynn Flewelling

Aug 08, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in February, 2011

The White Road is a direct follow-up to the story begun in "Shadows Return". That book depressed me because our heroes spent the entire story enslaved and mistreated. Here, the chains are off (literally and figuratively) and the two men set off on a mission, once again joined by Micum, to discover the truth about Sebrahn. What follows is something of a quest, with a lot of traveling, but also a lot of action. The story is fast-paced and filled with humor and surprises. This book has a lot going for it. Seregil finally returns to his home in Bokthersa and has a heart-warming reunion with his extended family. Sebrahn becomes a catalyst for learning more about dragons and the Hazadrielfaie - who are hunting Alec and Sebrahn. Then there is the continued conniving of Ulan í Sathil. I was also delighted to see Thero settle into the role left by Nysander. He now heads the Watchers, and has grown to be a trusted ally and friend to Alec and Seregil. All these factors made for an engrossing read that I could not put down.

Though the ending felt a bit rushed, overall the story was more than satisfying. Our heroes made plans, took action and put their unique skills to work. I cannot wait for the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The White Road.