Glenda's Reviews > I'll Walk Alone

I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

Aug 04, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011
Read from August 03 to 04, 2011

Two years ago Zan’s young son disappeared on an afternoon in Central Park when he was being watched by a babysitter. Zan is trying to move on with her life, focusing on her career, but she thinks of her son daily. On the two year anniversary of her son's kidnapping, a photograph of Zan (or someone dressed exactly like Zan) appears in the papers and shows her taking her son out of his stroller. Zan feels crazy as the photo is impossible, and yet the look-alike is wearing the exact outfit that she wore the day her son disappeared. The photo is so convincing that Zan’s ex husband angrily accuses her of stealing their son. Then to top it off, her credit cards have been stolen and someone is charging up a huge bill.
I used to love Mary Higgens Clark and read everything she wrote. I don't know if she became too predictable for me or if I outgrew her. I have other favorite authors I have tired of also. I saw this book at the library on the "New Books" shelf and decided to give her another try. I read it quickly, but it was just OK..... This was another Alvirah and Willy novel and I don't care so much for them.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Walk Alone.