Caitlin's Reviews > Epic Fail

Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik

Aug 03, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: christmas-2011, i-own, love-triangles, read-in-2011, real-world, sex-or-sexal-situation, stand-alones
Read from December 25 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

A cute, predictable story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Epic Fail.

Quotes Caitlin Liked

Claire LaZebnik
“Everyone at Coral Tree Prep was good-looking. Really. Everyone. I didn't see a single fat or ugly kid all morning. Maybe they just locked them up at registration and didn't let them out again until graduation.”

Claire LaZebnik
“He only invited me because of you and Chase.'
'Right,' she said, following me inside. 'He's never shown the slightest interest in you before. I mean, he's never stared at you like you're the only person in the room when we're all together. Or sulked around for days because you turned him down for a dance. Or touched the sleeve of your sweater when he thinks no one's looking-'
'He's never done any of that,' I said. Then, less confidently, 'Has he?”

Claire LaZebnik
“You wouldn't think the touch of someone's hand could blow your mind. It's nothing, right? People don't right songs and poems about holding hands - they write them about kisses and sex and eternal love. I mean, when you're a little kid you hold hands with your parents to cross the street. Who's going to write an ode to that?
We were alone in the dark, even though the enormous theater was filled with probably a thousand people. We were a tiny island in a sea of other people who didn't matter, who had no meaning, who were so stupid, so oblivious, so stuck in their own boring lives that they didn't even notice the huge, momentous, life-shattering event that was taking place right there in row L, between seats 102 and 104.
Derek Edwards was holding my hand.”