Andi's Reviews > Angelfall

Angelfall by Susan Ee

Aug 07, 11

bookshelves: kindle, favorite
Read from August 05 to 07, 2011

What an original and interesting take on the apocalypse! In this version, it is caused by angels, and the few survivors have many basic struggles to deal with, like where to live and get their next meal.

The story opens with Penryn, a 17 year old girl who leaves her former home with her nutty (and I mean that literally) mom and wheelchair-bound younger sister, looking for a safer place to live. They come across an angel being attacked by several other angels, and Penryn cannot stop herself from intervening. While she cannot prevent him from getting his wings cut off, she uses her wits to do some damage to the other angels. Before the other angels leave, though, they kidnap her sister.

That event starts an amazing journey. Penryn and the angel, Raffe, form an uneasy alliance to find the angels' home base (the aurie), to locate both her sister and another angel who can reattach his wings. Penryn soon becomes separated from her mom, but they come across each other several times during the journey. This is a good thing, as I don't know how much I could have dealt with her insanity.

Penryn is all heart. She's a scrappy girl with loads of courage and the skill to back up her actions. She is ever-focused on getting her sister back. But she also starts feeling something akin to friendship with Raffe.  I absolutely loved the evolution of their friendship. It was done beautifully and was really believable.

This was an excellent book, and I highly recommend it!

$2.99 on Kindle

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelfall.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead I'm glad you loved it. I'm dying for book 2!

Andi Me, too!

HєllyBєlly Loved this one!

Wendy Darling Such an awesome book!