Sarah's Reviews > Sizzling Sixteen

Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich

Aug 03, 11

I will always love this series, but a lot of this is getting old. I feel like Evanovich really hit her stride around books 9 or 10. However, the last three haven't been good. Several books ago, the story and characters have actually been progressing but now they're back into the same routines, book after book.

1. Stephanie has been doing this job for quite some time now, but she's still completely ridiculous. She makes idiotic, minor mistakes. Can't a character learn some job skills!? The screw ups are getting very tiresome and predictable.

2. The whole Moretti/Ranger debate is SO OVER! Come on already! I am so tired of the on and off relationship with Moretti. And the reasons they're breaking up are getting even more ridiculous. What's the point? Again, it's getting very tiresome.

3. Where are all the characters? Don't get me wrong, I love Lula and Grandma Muzar. But what happened to Stephanie's sister and husband? What happened with Lula and Tank? I miss Sally Sweet too. He was my favorite character.

Again, I totally LOVE this series, but I can't skim another book like this or else I'm going to give it up. Evanovich needs to step it up next time.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sizzling Sixteen.