Nicola Mansfield's Reviews > Fallen

Fallen by Karin Slaughter

Aug 03, 2011

Read in July, 2011

Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

A refreshingly, page-turning, exiting thriller that this long time Slaughter fan has finally found worthy of five stars again. Slaughter's last several books have been in the 3 or 4 star range for me, good but just not up to Blindsighted and Kisscut, those first two explosive books. With Fallen, Slaughter is back in the seat with an exhilarating new thriller. Faith, Will's partner, is a major character in this book as her mother is kidnapped and she sets off to track down the merciless person or persons who have done so, along the way she even becomes a suspect. She realizes she can't go it alone and comes to Will for help and even former coroner, Sara Linton. The case is fantastic and an exciting read. Possibly the plot is a little over the top, but who cares! Slaughter is in top form here.

I've said it before in my reviews that I've never liked Sara Linton, but Slaughter takes her character through some major development in this book, as she does Will Trent. Giving them both a much needed update in their current situations and taking them forward in a direction that I amazingly am very satisfied with. An all around top-notch thriller with great character development for the series as a whole.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.