Sita Sargeant's Reviews > The Luxe

The Luxe by Anna Godbersen

Nov 07, 11

bookshelves: own, could-t-bring-myself-to-finish, love-triangle, teen-romance, young-adult, reviewed, nl
Read in November, 2011

Right. How the f$#% do I review this book? I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. I mean I liked it, okay I didn't really like it. Maybe I would have...if I had started the book at the begining and not 60 pages into it...oh well. I didn't and that is why this is less a review and more a rant about why I couldn't bring myslef to even finish the book.

Reasons:
1. Annyoing characters. Although I did like the quiz at the end (My friend Leesa and I were bored in ceramics and I had the book in my bad, so we took the quiz on what character we were most like...the results were interesting...). Back to the annoying characters, they were really annyoing. A basic conversation between two characters:
So, did you here about...?
What? Who? Oh yes. I did.
And how are they going?
...she's broke.
WHAT?!?!! No!

See! Annoying!

2. The plot. Imagine Gossip Girl set in the 1900's, that's basically the book. B-O-R-I-N-G! Maybe it's just me. But I didn't like Gossip Girl and I really couldn't bring myself to even finish this one. And I normally like historical romances.

3. The writing. Don't get me started on the writing. It was okay but it wasn't okay at the same time. Do you get what I'm saying?

4. Overall. BAD BOOOK! DON'T BOTHER! I recommend it to no one. It was really bad. And does not live up to the great cover! Will I continue with the series (I own the second). No!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Luxe.