Cheryl's Reviews > Beautiful

Oct 13, 11

bookshelves: 2011, 4-diamonds, black-diamond-s-book-reviews
Read from September 03 to October 12, 2011

My Review:

I was the lucky winner of a contest that the author put on for this story. What I had to do was read a little blurb about Tierra and her boss. I had to write what I thought was in the envelope and when she should get the envelope. I was really shocked that I won! Sorry, but I am not going to tell you what was in the envelope! You have to read the story for yourself!

Tierra and Qu were always the best of friends, but things happened and they lost touch. Their friendship was no ordinary one either. They were so close that they called themselves PB&J because she was the peanut butter and he was the jelly. I was glad they finally reconnected. Who is Beautiful you ask? Well she wasn't exactly who I thought she was, but she is the woman in Qu's life. It was actually because of her that Tierra and Qu get reunited.

Tierra had issues with God. She was just so mad at him and would not speak to him. She went to church and heard this message:

"The Lord speaks to each one of us in different ways. He may use your mother, your sister, your child, or even your boss. He might even use an unbeliever. God never said his messages would come in nicely wrapped packages from your pastor," the pastor could be heard saying from inside the packed church. "God doesn't do things the way WE want them done. He does things the way we NEED them done, so he can get out of us what holds us back, what keeps us from him. He wants to help us reach the next level. He sends us what we need, when we need it, in HIS time. We are on his schedule, not the other way around." (Kindle Loc. 1085-90)

I loved this book. The characters were great and so was the story. The thing though about this book that really drew me in was the messages about faith. It is so important to bring God into our lives. Sometimes you might wonder if he even answers your prayers, but this is an example of how he really does answer prayers.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful.

Quotes Cheryl Liked

Kiexiza Rodriquez
“The Lord speaks to each one of us in different ways. He may use your mother, your sister, your child, or even your boss. He might even use an unbeliever. God never said his messages would come in nicely wrapped packages from your pastor," the pastor could be heard saying from inside the packed church. "God doesn't do things the way WE want them done. He does things the way we NEED them done, so he can get out of us what holds us back, what keeps us from him. He wants to help us reach the next level. He sends us what we need, when we need it, in HIS time. We are on his schedule, not the other way around.”
Kiexiza Rodriquez, Beautiful

Kiexiza hi miss lady, have you had a chance to read part 2 to the series.? if not please send me your email so i can get it to you