Marianne's Reviews > The Canary List

The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer

F_50x66
Aug 02, 11

Recommended for: Any one who enjoys suspense
Read in August, 2011

The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer was everything and more than i expected from him. It has been quite some time since i delved into a Brower novel, and i was not sure just how this one would compare with some of his earlier ones. I found this one to be just as gripping or more so.

The characters are well rounded, and the scenery vivid, from the coast of California to Italy and the Vatican.

From the first sentence, where we read that a young boy is abused, to the last words of the catholic Father, i was riveted to the story. The twists and turns of the story kept me on the edge of my seat. When reading this, i would have to leave the story frequently, just to distance myself a little from the intense action going on. But it wouldn’t be much later, and i would find myself back at the novel again, anxious to see what the next turn brought. This novel also deals with the relationships between teacher and student, father and son, father and daughter, authorities and colleagues, as well as politics in religious circles.

I received this novel as a free ebook from Waterbrook/Multnomah publishers through Blogging For Books for the purpose of reviewing it. I did not need to give a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Canary List.