Anya Tracey's Reviews > Rumors

Rumors by Anna Godbersen

Aug 02, 11

It was a good book. Once I started it, I could not put it down. it was a excellent sequel to The Luxe. It shows us that the social scene becomes unravel because of the absence of the most popular girl in New York, Elizabeth. I thought the author did a good job developing the characters more especially the old maid Lina. She shows us that back then, anyone could make it to the top if they meet the right people and have a secret that can make you more liked.

It reminds me a lot of Gossip Girl, but in the Victorian time in New York City. However, I like this series a lot better because there is a certain kindness to Elizabeth while the characters in Gossip girl seem a little harsh no matter what.

The fact that Elizabeth went back home just because she feared her mother would die, made me like the series a lot more because it showed compassion.

It made it really sad when Will got shot. When I read that, I could not believe. It was a shock. The ending however was very beautiful and it left the reader wanting more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rumors.