Kelly's Reviews > The Dead-Tossed Waves

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

Aug 03, 11

I had previously read The Forest of Hands and Teeth and was relatively pleased with it (except for the ending). For whatever reason, this sequel left me rather cold. I could not for the life of me care for the protagonist, Gabry. She irritated me to no end due to her inability to muster up real courage. While she did redeem herself slightly at the end, she still left me with the feeling that she was certainly not at all molded in her mother's image. Her timid nature caused me no amount of impatience, and I could not for the life of me figure out why any man in his right mind would wish to engage in a relationship with what I deemed was a weak heroine if ever I saw one. However I was quite pleased that Ms. Ryan had continued what I thought was an excellent concept, and now is heading towards a hopefully satisfying conclusion. For that, if she decides to produce another novel in this series, I will gladly read on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead-Tossed Waves.