D.C.'s Reviews > Delicious

Delicious by Shayla Black

Aug 02, 11

Delicious was Shayla Black’s #3 book in her Wicked Lovers series.

About the book (Cover):

He can’t control his desire.

Luc Traverson’s entire future is planned out—but there is one very sexy obstacle in his path: Alyssa Devereaux . She’s a former exotic dancer turned strip club owner and restaurateur. Recently, Alyssa and Luc shared one night of wild abandon that left Luc terrified by his loss of self-control—and
Alyssa desperate for more.

And that’s just the way she wants it.

Fulfilling a promise, Luc is the guest chef for Alyssa’s restaurant debut. The sight of her makes Luc wild, so how can he survive a week without letting loose and ravaging her—especially when she’s begging for it? Luc’s desire for her explodes when he realizes he isn’t the only man desperate to have her. But one of the others is deadly. And that’s not the end of Alyssa’s secrets…which are as dark and mysterious and enticing as her fantasies.

Review:

Ms. Black did NOT disappoint….ONCE AGAIN.

Of course following Deke and Kimber’s book, we see the appearance of Luc again. Now…. *heaves out a breath at Luc in this book…and not in a good way for the most part of it.* Luc…his view on strippers really irked me good in this story. Luc here….makes good on a deal he had struck with Alyssa, the owner of a strip club, Sexy Sirens, whom we met in the first book with Jack and Morgan.

What was nice about this book is we get to not only get mention of the previous books' characters, but we actually get to see interaction with them. We get to read the hot and heavy sex scenes that the author has mastered, the suspense that keeps this plot moving effortlessly, and characters with depth and reality to them. I was constantly trying to figure out the mystery of who was stalking Alyssa, and the author kept me guessing up until the end.

The sex scenes alone were enough to keep me going through this book. The heat radiated from the pages and left you panting along with the characters. The author knows sexy and can write it with ease.

Out of it all, would have to give this 4 out of 5 stars for a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delicious.