Sophie Riggsby's Reviews > Dream Dark

Dream Dark by Kami Garcia

Aug 02, 2011

bookshelves: not-my-cup-of-tea
Read in August, 2011

I think that somewhere right about here, this series jumped the shark for me. I'm sorry to say good-bye to my beloved Ethan, but I just don't care for the "who's mortal/immortal in this story?" feel of the plot lines.

This is an example of a series that would've been wonderful as a two-book series.

Good-bye Ethan. Lena, I hope you choose one or the other side or frankly, both if it suits you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream Dark.

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) Sophie, in your opinion, is it necessary to read this before starting Beautiful Chaos (before BC comes out, that is)? Thx!

message 2: by Sophie (new) - added it

Sophie Riggsby I haven't read BChaos but it is a linear plot that would logically dovetail into BChaos. Unlike, other e-novellas which are more side explorations from the main plot (I'm thinking of Julie Kagawa's e-novellas, in particular). And you get Link's POV after his transformation. So that is helpful. But there is a key plot factor that is revealed. It makes the intro to BChaos even more logical, i.e. you know the extent of what they will be facing.

message 3: by Jemma (new)

Jemma Where can i buy this? I've looked on amazon and waterstones but can't seem to find it! :/

message 4: by Sophie (new) - added it

Sophie Riggsby Jemma - It's available as an ebook on amazon, B&N.com and I'm sure the publisher's site has more links. It's $1.99 and includes chapters from BChaos as well. :)

message 5: by Sophie (new) - added it

Sophie Riggsby Here's the link for amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0054LD...

message 6: by Jemma (new)

Jemma Would i still be able to buy it on this amazon even though i'm fron the UK. That was probably how i couldn't find it, i don't think it has been released over here! :(
But thank you and i'll give it a go! :)

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) Thanks for the link Sophie!

message 8: by Sophie (new) - added it

Sophie Riggsby Jemma - I'm not sure when it will be released in the U.K.. Hopefullly, you can purchase it from that link. :-}

Michele - YW.