Elizabeth's Reviews > The Blessings of the Animals

The Blessings of the Animals by Katrina Kittle

F_50x66
Aug 02, 11

bookshelves: other-fiction

I loved this book! This is normally not the type of book that I would normally pick up and look at let alone read but it was a gift so I took a shot at it and was most pleasantly surprised.

The book was very simply written and very easy to read. I think if I had the time I could have sat down and finished it in a day or two. The characters were not the most fleshed out but the storyline was strong enough that the flaws were easy to overlook. You could definitely tell that the author had just recently been through a tough divorce and the book was her feelings put on paper.

Even though this was a fictional book it resonated very strongly with me and the healing power of animals. I strongly believe that every animal that comes into our life is there to teach us something and are master healers.

I strongly recommend this book. Even if you haven't had a divorce, everyone who has had a strong connection to an animal has felt the same emotions regarding them in a traumatic experience.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blessings of the Animals.