Scarlet Drakonin 's Reviews > Lover Revealed

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

Aug 08, 11

bookshelves: adult-fiction, chick-lit, paranormal, paranormal-romance, paranormal-vampire
Read from August 02 to 07, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 5

Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. And if he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers.

But fate curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.

I had a harder time getting through THIS novel. I wasn't feeling the Human thing... and it was a little all over the place. But I've got to say, the last few chapters of the book really made up for any hesitance I had in the rest of the novel. It wasn't bad, at all, it just wasn't what I was craving. But in the end it really was great.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Revealed.

08/02/2011 page 138