Dream 4 More Reviews's Reviews > The Hot Box

Ebook ISBN:
Specs: 6x9 paperback, $14.00/$16 Canada
Website (optional): www.eroticanoir.com or www.facebook.com/zane1
Category: Erotica

The author shares a story about Lydia Sterling who thinks she has to play the game first with best friends, sexy Black Brothas, while the bases are loaded to get her pickings before she gets played or strikes out. Lydia has the mentality like most women who have been hurt, bitter, or cheated on and believes most men are “dogs” lurking behind some other woman—cheaters alert to avoid getting hurt. She has the take vs. give mentality; play or get played motto early on. Therefore, why not have a man on the side for the ride? Later, her best friend, Milena Clark joins the party, and brings in another partner (Yosef Samson) to show up at Jacour’s party, the ex-fiancé. Milena lost the man she loved on her wedding day after hearing and watching a sex tape made at his bachelor’s party and heard it from her long-time girl friend—but goes off the dating scene for eight years without sex. Unbelievable for most women and men to fathom, yet I can understand and relate since I’ve been off the scene for over seven years. Can these lovebirds make it happen a second time around?

“The Hot Box” is laced with erotic senses, verbal and imaginative descriptions of sexual scenes, and what two women are willing to do for love and lost love. The book also starts off with Lydia categorizing three men as the Three Musketeers who were inseparable friends who lived by the motto “all for one, one for all”: Glenn (Portho), Phil (Athos), and Jacour (Aramis). As the reader/reviewer, I am eagerly waiting to see if this story will play out like the three duels from the historical novel from the seventeenth century (1625) and bring in another character that will learn from the leader of the pact, and took a glance of the historical novel on Wikipedia. Milena was my favorite character, the protagonist, and discovered love lessons through Yosef. (I also have a character named 'Yosef' in my future upcoming Miss the Mark Series, apocalyptic thriller, who is an African).

*Overall, I loved Zane earlier works like “Addicted,” “Afterburn,” to name a couple.

Dream 4 More Reviews received a copy from publicist, Yona Deshommes, at Simon and Schuster/Atria Books/Stebor Books for a review.

Dream 4 More Reviews,
Adrienna Turner
Dream Rating: What a Dream!
www.dream4more.webs.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hot Box.

Papaya I enjoy the book it was a page turner for me

Adrienna Great.