Jackie's Reviews > I Love You Like Crazy Cakes

I Love You Like Crazy Cakes by Rose A. Lewis

Apr 03, 08

bookshelves: children-fiction, adoption, china, multicultural
Read in April, 2008

This touching story of a young woman’s journey to a far-away land is compelling and worrisome, yet joyous in the end. Although we do not know the young woman’s name, or the baby’s name, we have a sense that it could be any mother and child. All that truly matters is the love of parent for a child and child’s love for a parent, supplemented by the extended family’s love through support and acceptance.
This young mother wanted a child to love for as long as she could remember and so, many miles away, through the clouds that connect this global community, she flew. She knew in her heart that China was the land of her daughter’s birth, and although so much distance lay between them, she felt a connectivity instantly to the little one that was put into her arms, as the baby touched her heart and spelled love with her eyes.
The love of a mother for a child, whether adopted or not, comes exploding though the story. For love to be true and heartfelt, biological connections do not have to exist. All that truly matters is the unconditional acceptance; belonging and a familial need to bond that is in a mother’s heart and soul.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Love You Like Crazy Cakes.