Michael's Reviews > Saint

Saint by Ted Dekker

Aug 02, 11

bookshelves: crime

As is becoming routine for me, I jump into the middle of a book series. Haven't read any Ted Dekker before; thought I would give him a read. TD is a popular Christian author. I say "Christian" because his novels are found in the Christian section of most bookstores. Christian themes permeate his writing, though I would guess that some Christians would find his writing sacrilegious. Faith, and zero-point field theory, governs the use of supernatural powers in this second book of the Paradise Trilogy.

TD's style of writing is straight-forward and direct, good for a general reading audience. He creates imagery suitable for his tales, is adequately descriptive, and the pace of the story is fast. A good page-turner.

I would recommend this book for a number of reasons. The themes are interesting. The use of zero-point field theory in a Christian novel I find intriguing. Battles of Good vs. Evil I am always ready for. Page-turning action is a plus. And TD knows when to relax on the science on not explain too much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saint.