Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner's Reviews > Bloom

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott

Aug 03, 2011

bookshelves: contemporary, hot-guys, favorite
Recommended for: fans of good YA romance
Read from August 02 to 03, 2011

I think Scott wrote this book to show the problems teenagers go through in high school. The book deals with relationships, divorced parents, friends and school. Scott displays these topics in a way that is relatable and interesting to the reader. I highly suggest this book.

The overall feel of this book was surprisingly complex. The romance view was fantastic; it was steamy without being graphic, it was sweet without being overtly so, it was understandable while being slightly incredible. Evan was a great character, as was Dave and pretty much all of the characters. I loved her relationship with her 'best friend' who really was there for Lauren even if she was blind to it for most of the novel. Gail, while not mentioned a lot until the latter part of the novel, was another great character, and she helped to move the story on well. Overall, Bloom was sweet, romantic, honest, and serious without being heavy.

4,5 Star rating(meaning I REALLY LIKED IT) is a good thing considering I often go for 1 or 2 stars. You know how easily I end up hating the book. :D So,this won't be the last Elizabeth Scott book I read. I just might start with Something, Maybe tonight.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloom.

Quotes Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner Liked

Elizabeth Scott
“You ready?" Evan asks, and he's looking at me, and I love his hair, I love his smile, I lo--"I Love You," I say, and as I watch his smile bloom I finally get how great those three little words are. I finally get what they really mean.”
Elizabeth Scott, Bloom

Elizabeth Scott
“I love books. I like that the moment you open one and sink into it you can escape from the world, into a story that's way more interesting that yours will ever be.”
Elizabeth Scott, Bloom

08/03/2011
70.0% "Oh,God. This book is fantastic."

Mateja I love this book. I've read it twice already :)

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner Čitala sam je prije godinu dana,ali nisam završila,jer imam samo skeniranu kopiju koju mogu čitati samo na kompjuteru. Nije udobno sjediti satima pred monitorom.
Sad sam uzela i sve iz početka ponovo počela.
Kod tebe sam jučer i vidjela da ti je među omiljenima,pa sam uzela da završim. Za sada je odlična.

message 3: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa The more books I read the more picky I become! I am in a reading slump, trying to find something good

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner I read this one 2 years ago and it was pretty great. I probably wouldn't give it 5 stars now,but you can never go wrong with Elizabeth Scott. Her books always have interesting characters and a sweet romance.

The more you read the more your taste changes. Hope you pick one of Scott's novels because she definitely deserves a shot. Don't know if you read one of her books but Scott's writing is similar to Dessen's even though I prefer Elizabeth.

message 5: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa Sometimes I will look at a review from the past and think, "I really want to give that a one star now" but I never end up changing them lol. I like Dessen's books too (some more than others). I have read two of Elizabeth's books and I thought they were really good so I will have to read this one next. I just finished Breathing Fire and it was awesome! I have to write a review (even though I suck at writing reviews) because there are hardly any written and people need to know about it. It was a page turner! I had to get away from the new adult for a minute haha.

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner You should write more reviews! Mine aren't even good but I write them anyway. Don't be afraid to express your opinion.

I still haven't read Something, Maybe. Sounds very interesting. Did you read it? If you want,we could read it together.

message 7: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa It looks really good. Let's read it :). When do you want to?

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner Whenever you want to. It's just that my mum is very sick and I have to do all the housework so it doesn't leave me a lot of time for books. But I would love to have a read-along with you. :)