Dana's Reviews > Lover Revealed

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

Aug 02, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: cover-orange, dark-or-horror, fantasy-paranormal, fantasy-urban, male-pov, magic, psychic-telekinetic-telepathy, romance, necromancer-speak-to-spirits, tatoos, urban-warriors, vampire, weapons-and-metal, half-and-half
Read on August 05, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

★ ★ ★ ½

This was a fun change of pace to the BDB stories as we are seeing it from the 'outside' or in this case, the sidelines.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to see this coming, but how it developed was a fun ride. I enjoyed the regression piece and learning about Butch's family (both sides). I enjoyed that you didn't know all the reasons that Butch felt he was an outsider from the get go. It was a constant stream of reasons that kept you from feeling bored half way through and kept you connected to Butch. I love Butch's sense of humor and man, considering what he goes through (Marissa/lessers/Brotherhood), it is a good thing he has it!

Marissa is a sweet person and although I'm not so much for the 'innocent virgin' mentality, she was a likable character. Havers is a complete ass-clown! I know he gets a book later in the series and I am not sure how I am going to feel about that book since I HATE him and think that maybe they should hand him over to the Omega. (Too harsh?) I think freakin' not!

Loving the side stories, especially the development of John and I will be interested to see where this 'evil Lash' thing heads.

I still liked Zsadist's story best, but this was a good one. The 'gift' butch ends up with is both morbidly fascinating and cool at the same time. Very good that Vishous' story is next as it is a good continuation of the V/Butch issue and will most likely help us learn about Butch's gift.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Revealed.