Ezmirelda's Reviews > Destined

Destined by Aprilynne Pike

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: beautiful-cover, arc, fantasy, romance, may-release, books-i-own
Read from February 12 to March 18, 2012

I thought I’d start off this review by saying that I loved the three previous books WINGS, SPELLS, and ILLUSIONS because of how well all three managed to pull off 3rd POV while still focusing on the characters enough so that you never felt distanced from them. Although I felt like a lot of the things that happened in the book were slightly predictable, DESTINED was a great end to a series I loved and I’m so sad to see it end.

Tamani. Gosh, I loved Tamani. His thoughts and personality light up the pages of the book. His situation with Laurel picks up right where ILLUSIONS left off. And let me say, those two are absolutely adorable together. David wasn’t as present in this book until more toward the end, but he played a huge role in saving Avalon and I enjoyed the parts of the book where he finally got his shining moment.

I do really wish that this book ended with a bigger bang rather than the way it did. There were a few poignant instances in which DESTINED pulls a Deathly Hollows over on us, but I felt like I knew it was going to happen way before I was supposed to. I loved that we all finally get to learn all about the evil villainous Klea in this book. She’s a cold hearted murderer and I have absolutely no sympathy for what happened to her. At all. I was actually kind of shocked by how reluctant they were to do away with her after all the horrible things that she did throughout the course of the book.

As a fair warning if you want a truly happy ending then don’t read the epilogue. But if you’re more into the bittersweet type endings (like me) you’ll read on and find out what happens to all the characters. I’ve been following this series for years, and now that it’s the last book it’s like saying goodbye to an old friend. I highly recommend this last installment to all those who loved the WINGS series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destined.

03/16/2012 page 201
63.0% "The middle of this kind of drags, but it's getting to the exciting parts. Finally! :D" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Naomi I love this series too. LOVE Tamani!!

Ezmirelda Naomi wrote: "I love this series too. LOVE Tamani!!"

Me too. I never really liked David. Tamani is my man, err, faerie. I'll prob add some really interesting non-spoileristic quotes as I read along. :)