Jody Mena's Reviews > Bloody Bones

Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jun 01, 15

bookshelves: fiction

My favorite in the series so far! Hamilton's take on fairie lore made for some intriguing twists. Serephina was an intriguing villain, I really enjoyed the imagery of her and her powers really made things interesting. The character development was exciting for me, especially Anita's internal struggle with her mother's death, as wel as learning more about Jean Claude's past. The only thing that tripped me up a bit was that Jason seemed different than in the previous book; this may be because he was out of his mind for most of the previous book, but his character still seemed a bit incongruent between the two plots. Nevertheless, I liked his character in this book, and it was refreshing to have at least one character in the mix who knew how to take direction without constant arguing - that got a little old as the book progressed. Also, I was happy that Richard only played a brief walk-on role in this one, he's not one of my favorite characters, so if you are a big Richard fan, you might be a little disappointed, but there's still great action and suspense and many new colorful characters - don't skip it!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloody Bones.