`Candle's Reviews > Wiser Than Serpents

Wiser Than Serpents by Susan May Warren

Aug 02, 11

It's amazing at what David is willing to sacrifice for the woman he loves and even more amazing is what he is willing to do to stay in the will of the God he serves. He struggles with the depths of evil he has to become a part of in order to bring justice to the underworld of the slave trade; and he struggles with his love for an unbeliever. Being human, he has wants like any other man but his spiritual side wars with his fleshly side. Christians can appreciate this nuance but others may not get it at all. For the Christian, the suspense, mystery, romance, and spirituality of this book rates 5 stars. I consider it at the top of all the books I've read. I also consider this Russian Series at the top of my favorite series. Even, if you aren't a christian, you will enjoy the undercover work, glimpses of the sex trade, side story lines of other characters, and the developing relationship between the main characters. The author has a sense of humor too which helps tone down the more violent parts. I highly recommend anything she writes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wiser Than Serpents.