Beth's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Nov 27, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, cfd-bookclub, christian-fiction, 2012, romantic
Read from November 06 to 10, 2012

Again, Jenny B. Jones had me shocked at how much I enjoyed a contemporary novel, especially one that I would classify as “chick-lit.”

Jones has a wonderful way of integrating humor and seriousness in a story without being inconsiderate of the heaviness in the circumstances or becoming overly-dramatic. I seriously chuckled and laughed out loud at several scenes.

The relationship between Maggie and her neice Riley developed in a really genuine way. Jones portrayed the frustration and love very well.

What I was not so fond of, was the guilt-trips that the supporting characters kept putting on the main character, Maggie. She made her mistakes, but so did a lot of the other people. Some of the people from her past were just very irrational and unrealistic in certain scenes with their reaction to her.

Other than this aspect, the story flowed really well, and I hated to put the book down! I enjoyed this one just as much as Save the Date, if not more. I'm looking forward to reading more Jenny B. Jones in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.

11/07/2012 page 50
11/07/2012 page 50
15.0% ""Beth and a few other townspeople had filled me in on some of Riley's most current escapades. Letting Mr. Miller's donkey out, reorganizing the shelves at the public library, and licking the pastries at the downtown bakery. Ridiculous! Okay, actually the pastry licking I can kind of understand." Hahahaha :)"
11/10/2012 page 215
68.0% "I just want to read the day away! :)"
show 1 hidden update…