Scot Quaranda's Reviews > Yoga Spandakarika: The Sacred Texts at the Origins of Tantra

Yoga Spandakarika by Daniel Odier

Aug 02, 11

Based on all of the misinformation or more highly erotic information out there about Tantra one might assume that the path of the tantrika is completely different than what lays at the heart of this philosophy. The Spandas present a completely different picture, one which I appreciated greatly and I highly respect Daniel Odier and his commentary on this beautiful and ancient path. This book was full of discovery and probably most important is that the great vibration is available to us all and that the ascetic path or mastery of breathing or yoga is not necessary in order to reach for more and achieve enlightenment. The book itself presents the original text for your enjoyment and then Odier breaks down each short stanza with ways to think about something from a perspective that the modern reader may be able to better understand. I highly recommend this to anyone that is fascinated by ancient texts and spiritual discovery but has not to this point been able to see how it applies to their life or to those seekers who are looking for a fresh perspective.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yoga Spandakarika.