Jeane's Reviews > Civil War

Civil War by Mark Millar

Aug 02, 11

bookshelves: graphic-novel

I was really disappointed in this book, (and it's really my own fault for not looking and double checking what was actually in this book) because only 1/3 or it was the actual graphic novel. So when I saw how big this book was I thought it was going to encompass all the "civil war" comics--That is to say all the comics that had the "Civil War" label on them at the time, so I thought it would not only have the Captain America vs Iron Man comics in it, but the X-men Comics as well as all the other off branches that encompasses the time that the "Civil War" story line was going on--I was wrong. I had actually pretty much read all of these comics already. I was hoping for some of the comics I missed that I had missed, but it only had the Captain America vs Iron Man storyline in it, which was 1/3 of the book. The rest of the book was just interviews with the authors some drawings, and made up newspaper stories regarding superheros. I glances through this stuff, but was not really all that interested and that made me really disappointed. The story itself was good and everything I had just all ready read it and wanted more of the flushed out graphic novel which was not in this book. So now I will probably never get a chance to read the way the X-men and company really acted during the "Civil War" cause that is what I was really looking for.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Civil War.