Kathie's Reviews > Silent Partner: A Memoir of My Marriage

Silent Partner by Dina Matos McGreevey

F 50x66
Aug 07, 11

Read from August 02 to 07, 2011

If you are looking for a chronology of Dina Matos' short stint as first lady of New Jersey and her cold, half-involved marriage to a gay man, Governor Jim Mcgreevy read on. I found this a pitiful account of a person who wrote a bitter memoir of "poor me". I found the claimed "homelessness" of someone who insisted on buying a $400,000+ home, when she was broke, unsettling. I found the entire book to be an elitist, self-centered view on her woes, in order, and including every detail of "he said, then she said" when really she usually didn't say enough or ask enough. I came away believing that not only was he living a lie to her but she went into the marriage for reasons other than deep undying love for him. As you can see, I don't have much sympathy for her. Didn't think the writing was very good, almost didn't finish but did. (Forgive and forget already, You're not so perfect.) Sad that she didn't have more empathy for his conflicted sexuality,struggle with authenticity and personality disorders. She even had to declare that she was the sane one, as well as justify everything she did as pure and good. yegads!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent Partner.