Aaron Chandler's Reviews > The Catcher in the Rye

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

Oct 29, 11

Read from October 14 to 29, 2011

To be honest going in to this I didn't think i would be as engulfed (i like that word) in this book as i was. But as i read it i was looking back at myself as a teenage and even in to my late twenties(present day). I was and still to a point am Holden Caulfeild. It was after i started that i couldn't put this book down by choice. I see why it is a recommended reading in some High schools. To be honest i don't think there is a person who ever went to high school that can't relate to someone in this story. I did like Allie esp the story about that baseball mitt. I will admit the story was kind of a downer in a lot of parts but that is what made it such an amazing read. that you get into is and i didn't let you go. I am now left with the feeling of curiosity. Like did Holden really grow from this experience or was it just a load of crap. All and all a page turner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Catcher in the Rye.

10/21/2011 "I just can't put this down, i mean it, i am almost done but i kind of wanna go over it again. Holden is honestly one of the most reliable characters, i have read in a while. I love it."