Eloise's Reviews > Luna's Sokjan

Aug 16, 2011

it was ok
Read from August 02 to 15, 2011

My first e-book.

Very disappointing. The book started really good but the author disempowered her heroine really early on. McKenna is supposed to be a kick-ass soldier for all that is good but she is easily distracted from what we were lead to believe was her life's mission; to bring justice. As soon as she meets the Alpha werewolf Gabriel, she is submissive despite her internal dialogue. She cant seem to do the job at hand alone and gets side tracked very easily. This is far from the persona created in the early chapters.

My other problem with this book is that although the author has some great ideas, it felt like she just threw them into the story at random as they came to mind and then had to cast out her net to tie up the loose ends (some of which remained untied I might add).

The story felt like a mish-mash of themes with an annoying 'hero' to boot. Sure Gabriel gives us the romance side but his character robs McKenna of her authority and discredits both her power and her reputation.

Much potential lost. Sorry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luna's Sokjan.

08/03/2011
75.0% "Not good. Character isnt staying true to herself and is not acting the way you would think given the beginning of the story. Cant wait to finish and delete from my iBooks library"
show 1 hidden update…