Katarina Pisarova's Reviews > The Last Pope

The Last Pope by Luis Miguel Rocha

Aug 06, 11

Read from August 02 to 06, 2011

Overall it was not a bad story it just didn't catch my attention the way some others do.
Story is told through series over overlaying retrospective stories and present day happenings gradually trying to show the reader the whole picture.
Plot:
In 1978 the Pope John Paul 1 died after only about a month in office. This is the event starting a chain reaction almost 25 years later, when Father Firenzi of the Vatican archives sends out 2 letters telling about it to the wrong person. To salvage the situation he sends one more letter getting killed in the process.
The third letter is the spark that starts the action as Sarah Monteiro, the recipient, desperately tries to stay alive and ahead of the bad guys. Luckily she is not alone and has help in form of the mysterious double-agent Rafael sent by her father who knows more than is good for anyones health.
I am not going to spoil the rest of the story for you if you want to read it. It is a fairly good read if you are looking around for some moderately thrilling story and if you love conspiracies.
And as much as it wasn't all that surprising through out, it is a conspiration theory book so you kind of expect the unexpected, it gave me a little surprise at the end. I admit i found that one hilarious :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Pope.