Nora-adrienne's Reviews > Leah and the Bounty Hunter

Leah and the Bounty Hunter
By Elaine Levine
Copyright August 2011
Publisher Zebra Historical Romance

To Leah Morgan's mind, the last thing her hometown of Defiance needs is another gunman stalking its dusty streets-especially one as sweet-talking and fine-looking as Jace Gage. Despite her warnings, the infuriating man seems determined to meddle in her life and risk his own, all for a town that can't be saved and a heart she locked away long ago.
Professional bounty hunter Jace Gage has cleaned up plenty of corrupt towns in his lifetime, and he knows he can handle whatever Defiance's thugs have to offer. But the town's most lawful citizen is another story. Beautiful, willful and exasperating at every turn, Leah is the one person capable of bringing the ruthless gunslinger to his knees-and capturing his desire with a single kiss…

Jace and Leah are thrown together during one of his jobs. He is being paid by the U.S. Marshal’s office to capture or take out the Sheriff of Defiance. After of course he finds out where the sheriff is hiding the gold he’s stolen from the various shipments passing through his area.

Jace is riding leisurely into town when he sees what appears to be a young man being attacked by two ruffians. Not one to normally get involved he continues watching the scene play out. When the young person’s shirt is ripped open Jace realizes that this is in fact a girl or young woman and decides to step in. As he approaches he sees the young woman knee one attacker while ordering her wolf (yes, I said wolf) to attack the other guy.

This was Jace’s introduction to Leah Morgan, who is another reason he’s in town. He’s been tasked by some friends to protect her while he’s there.

I've never been a fan or a reader of Historical Romance, not even Western ones. This book took me totally by surprise. It's local, the time frame, and the cast of characters brought me back to the TV westerns and Western movies I watched back in the 1950's.

Very nicely done.

FTC Full Disclosure: I received this book from the publisher who sent it in hopes of a fair review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leah and the Bounty Hunter.

08/02/2011 page 75
25.0% "Surprisingly good, especially since I'm not a fan of westerns."
show 3 hidden updates…