Sadaddaspie's Reviews > Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

Pihkal by Alexander Shulgin

U_50x66
Aug 01, 11

bookshelves: to-read, to-buy, wish-list

for years now, I've been planning to check this book out... I finally took a quick glance through it after seeing it in a book store just the other day and man oh man am I ever excited to get it now. I've been holding off on buying it because I thought the prices I keep seeing online were a bit steep but having held this mammoth in my own hands, I realized that it was probably well worth the prices I've seen it for online but the entirety of the $40 that the book store was charging for it. I found both Alexander and his wifes portions very well written and very interesting but book II alone is a vast wealth of information to anyone interested in the chemicals for their own sake, what chemicals am I referring to? An extremely vast range of chemicals (most of which I've never heard of) far greater than I ever knew I would have an interest in. I was blown away by how many were there and how much useful information there was about each of them. The second half of this something of a text book and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. I can't wait to get it and I'll be reviewing it after I read book 1 cover to cover and explore book 2 just a little bit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pihkal.