Susan's Reviews > Dark Possession

Dark Possession by Christine Feehan

In Christine Feehan's Dark Possession (book 18 of the Dark series,) we are swept away from the Carpathian mountains, back to South America, to the home of the De La Cruz brothers. At the end of the last book (Dark Celebration,) Manolito De La Cruz was wounded saving Shea Dubrinsky and her unborn son from an assassin. His injuries were so grave that his soul actually left the world, and the healers along with his brothers, had to work miracles to anchor him to life. Completely unaware that Manolito has located his lifemate, and already bound her to him, his brothers take him home to the South American rainforest, to complete his healing underground.

Mary Ann Delaney has never in her life felt so lost and alone. She's positive that she's exhibiting the signs of clinical depression, but has no idea why. When she saw Manolito De La Cruz step in front of Shea Dubrinsky at the Carpathian Christmas celebration, taking a lethal dose of poison into his system, something seemed to rip her heart out, leaving her bereft and devastated. But why did he have such an effect on her? She'd never even officially met the man, yet something overwhelming seemed to crush her spirit when she thought he was dead.

Despite her feelings of desperation, Mary Ann decided to take up Juliette and Rirodan De La Cruz on their offer, and fly to South America with them to try to help Juliette's sister Jasmine and her cousin Solange, both victims of brutality at the hands of the jaguar men. When she discovers that Manolito is actually alive and in need of her help, she braves the intimidating rainforest to find him.

After reading the story of Rafael and Colby De La Cruz in Dark Secret (and not really liking it,) I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Dark Possession. Manolito was a much better hero than his brother! He was so affectionate, and appreciative of his lifemate's power - he was in love with her from the very beginning, and it was fantastic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Possession.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn You are really smoking through this series...

I never cared for the De La Cruz brother's...I plan on skipping this one.

Susan I felt the same way when I read Dark Secret - Rafael was not the kind of Carpathian that I have come to know and love. Manolito was better than his brother though, and Dark Possession delved more into the history of the jaguar people and werewolves!

message 3: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Thank you for the info, Susan. I've enjoyed reading your comments on this series.

Susan You're welcome Kathrynn. The series is great, and I can't wait for the new book this year!