Elise's Reviews > Marry Him: The Case for Settling for Mr. Good Enough

Marry Him by Lori Gottlieb

May 14, 12

Read in March, 2012

I loved this book. It doesn't apply directly to my life situation (because I'm young-ish and already married) but it was fascinating to see this cultural phenomenon unfold. Gottlieb seeks direction and instruction from everyone who can give it--dating coaches, psychologists, evolutionary biologists, and even online dating CEOs. The information she presents is well thought out and she includes quite a bit of personal commentary, much of it unflattering but honest.

One of the reasons this book stood out to me was the impact it had on my own view of my husband. I had only dated one other guy before him and so I was wondering if I had done the opposite of what the women in this book do--settled too early and didn't get a Mr. Good Enough. Even though I love my husband dearly and can't imagine life without him, I sometimes wondered early on in my marriage if this was the case. Thanks to this book, I felt all of that questioning fall away, and I returned to my marriage more committed to working hard and keeping it great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marry Him.