Kaitlin's Reviews > Getting Rid of Bradley

Getting Rid of Bradley by Jennifer Crusie

Aug 03, 11

Read from August 01 to 03, 2011

This was the first book that I've read by Jennifer Crusie - based off of a friend's list of read books on Goodreads I was intrigued and picked this one up at the library. I was surprised at how much I liked the book. Overall it's an easy, quick read that has a great mix of humor, mystery and romance in it. I will definitely be reading more of her books :)

Lucy, the main character, is pretty much having a bad / tough streak in life right now. She just went through a divorce, lives in a house that needs to be fixed up badly, has dyed her hair blonde and then brown which gave her green hair that appears to be breaking from damage. She finds out that the police are looking for her ex husband as he is connected with a man who is on the run for embezzlement and murder. This is where Zack, a cop, comes in to play. Lucy is almost killed by gunshot early in the book so Zack moves in her house to protect her.

While the story is a bit predictable it still a fun read. If you like Janet Evanovich I think you will get a kick out of Jennifer Crusie - at least in this book! Definitely worth a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Getting Rid of Bradley.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Laurie (new) - added it

Laurie You're going to love this book! It one of my favorite Jennifer Crusie books!

Kaitlin Any others that you would recommend by her?

message 1: by Laurie (new) - added it

Laurie She has a lot of good ones. Here are the ones I really enjoyed: Crazy for You, Manhunting, Anyone But You, Agnes and the Hitman