Corrinne's Reviews > Drowning Ruth

Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz

Aug 01, 11

Amazing! I think I drove my husband insane while reading this because after every page, I would put it down and exclaim, ""This book is crazy, babe!"" The author uses both first and third person to tell her story from multiple perspectives. Some of the negative reviews for this novel sited the use of both first and third person as their main reason for disliking the format of the story. I personally found it quite useful in the character development and that is where this novel truly excelled. The characters were not only interesting but completely relatable. what struck me most is the ending. The characters that grew up as the story progressed, grew to exhibit the traits and characteristics of their familial ties...much as we all do despite our best efforts.

The mystery throughout the book is finding out what happened on the fated evening that changed every character's life for good. It keeps the reader interested and by the end I was dying to know what had happened. Am I suppose to hate the main character or pity her? In the end, it's both.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drowning Ruth.