Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > The Predicteds

The Predicteds by Christine Seifert

Dec 21, 13

bookshelves: arc-physical, 2011, from-publishers
Read from August 01 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy

I don't know if your high school was like this but mine either was, and I didn't pay attention or it WASN'T because I went to a Catholic school. I find all these high school cliques very condescending just because someone looks a certain way. i.e, a quiet girl who wears a lot of eyeliner, chokers, studs and listens to metal rock would be classified as a goth. Or the head cheerleader who wears the latest clothes and has the best car, boyfriend, house, etc. is deemed as the snobby queen bee of the school. We place prejudices against people just because they look a certain way. I find that wrong. But anyway..back to the book..

What I love about Daphne's character is that she doesn't care. She befriends the goth girl AND the snobby rich girl. She doesn't care what other people think and that to me is admirable.

Quiet High is in an uproar about PROFILE, an experimental program that can predict what a student will do in the future. Kind of reminds me of that Tom Cruise movie Minority Report where the psychics predict who would commit a crime. In Predicteds, it's about a student's crime. Students whisper about other students and their families, basically stereotyping anyone who looks like they could committ a crime.

I have this knack for figuring out who the bad guy is and I was right. Not surprising but Christine really did entertain me and kept me turning those pages to find out who was doing setting up who. I enjoyed it and if you like mysteries just as much as me, I'm sure you'll gobble this novel right up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Predicteds.

08/08/2011 page 186
08/16/2011 page 275
86.0% "Oooh it's getting good.."
show 1 hidden update…