Claire's Reviews > Taming the Last St. Claire

F 50x66
Aug 01, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: office-romance

Cream puff. I like cream puff but I cannot survive on it for long.

Same with this book. It’s quirky, fluffy, peppy. The right ingredients are there. Sexual chemistry – check. Snappy dialogue – check. Feisty petite heroine – check. Lone-wolf of a hero – check.

But it’s still cream puff. There’s no getting-to-know-you, no depth to the cutesy caricature, no indelible impression left by the plot.

And next time, before the hero declares undying love for the heroine with whom he had just established relations, I want him to know the answers to some basic questions -- starting with 1) what are her favorite books, 2) her political affiliation, 3) does she believe in God, 4) what kind of music she listens to, 5) does she like Chinese food, 6) number of kids she like, 7) favorite movies, 8) her stand on capital punishment, 9) university she attended, 10) is she left-handed? and 11) boxers or briefs thongs or briefs?

Vice-versa with the heroine.

Because even if the H/h could survive days on cream puffs alone, they might wish their days were numbered.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taming the Last St. Claire.