Katie's Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Ted Dekker

Nov 25, 2011

Read from August 01 to 02, 2011 — I own a copy

First posted on my blog, Legacy of a Writer.

Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee make an awesome team! Wow! Forbidden, the first in what I am sure will be an amazing series, had such a unique (and really cool) story plot. A world where no feeling, except fear, exists. It may seem like a really bizarre and far-fetched concept to grasp, but—in true Ted Dekker style—by the end of this book you’ve come to believe in it as firmly as Rom and his friends do. Simply amazing!

Each and every character in this book was amazing. From the main characters, to the secondary characters, to those who you only met once or twice – each was vividly brought to life with amazing talent. There was nothing shallow about Rom, Avra, Triphon, Neah, Feyn, and Saric. As the story progressed, stakes rose higher, and heartache intensified, my heart bled for them. Ted and Tosca did a fabulous job on building a believable world with unforgettable characters.

I would only recommend this book to adult readers. Since the whole world can feel nothing but fear, the characters have never experienced true love. So when they are suddenly able to feel this, they get very passionate. There was only one scene that got extremely heated, but several times throughout the book men ‘desire’ a woman or want to ‘take’ her. One other caution is that Forbidden is very gory. Lots of blood and violence in this book! And a bit of disturbing content that creeped me out a bit.

Forbidden was awesome from start to finish, the whole plot moving along at a fast pace and whipping the reader up into a mind-boggling adventure in a world devoid of feelings. The book ends leaving you wanting more and now I am looking forward to when the second book comes out, Mortal! Jonathan, who I only got to know a little bit in this book, really intrigues me and I’m holding my breath that he will fulfill his destiny and restore humanity. All in all, another great book by Ted and Tosca. Way ta go!!
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.

08/01/2011 page 15
4.0% "Interesting world! Wow! Rom seems like a neat character so far (besides that he's some kind of professional funeral singer...that's a bit weird. :-P lol). The end of chapter 1 hooks the reader!"
08/01/2011 page 64
17.0% "I'm hooked! Wow!" 4 comments
08/02/2011 page 170
44.0% "Stakes are getting higher! :-D"

message 1: by Kaity-Jane (last edited Aug 01, 2011 02:13PM) (new) - added it

Kaity-Jane Culbertson *jealousy tingles spine* Lucky...:P

Katie lol!

Beth I second that! :)

Eve Victorié I'll have to get this one! My library happens to have it!

Katie Ohh, enjoy! A few parts creeped me out, so careful when reading at night and alone!! ;-)

Eve Victorié Lol! I will! :D