Carla Jean's Reviews > Looking for Alaska

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Aug 29, 10

bookshelves: readin2008, booksiown, alabamaties, readin2009, thecomfortbooks, readin2010
Recommended to Carla Jean by: Elisa Munoz, Jim Naftel
Recommended for: everyone (except maybe my mom)
Read in August, 2010, read count: 5

The only reason I didn’t cry—both in laughter and in sorrow—was because I finished the book in a food court. And I'm in a fairly happy-go-lucky state of mind these days. Were I anything less, I think I would be shattered on the floor (in the best possible way).

I was skeptical when friends claimed Alaska was even better than Abundance. But friends were right. I wish my five star rating had the power to express just how much I loved this book.

--Read again April 17, 2008... yes, two weeks later.

--And I'm reading it again in July. I just gave a copy to my friend Murray for her birthday, and finally bought my own copy. That's cause for a reread, right? Completed July 19, 2008

--And again, Aug. 26, 2009

--Yet again, Aug. 29, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looking for Alaska.

08/26/2009 page 256

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michael I cried so hard when I read this! I think I have completely gotten rid of my bodily fluids after reading this. The ink is smudged on some pages due to my tears. But in my opinion, the more a book makes you cry, the better it is.

Anne sorry you were in public. I needed those tears.

Sarah "I wish my five star rating had the power to express just how much I loved this book." Oh god, I know exactly what you mean.

the sound of Autumn I almost cried while reading it in the library at my school. But I wasn't crying for what you would consider the right reasons though- which actually reminds me of a quote from the book, "It always shocked me when I realized that I wasn’t the only person in the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things."