Benjamin Torres's Reviews > House [With DVD]

Aug 01, 11

bookshelves: terror
Recommended for: Ted Dekker Fans
Read from August 19 to 30, 2011

This is probably the darkest book of Dekker, this I think is because of his co-author Frank Peretti (I can't really tell because I have not read any book from Peretti).

Jack and Stephanie are a couple that may very well be already divorced, since they can´t stand each other and are in constant fight. They are on their way to meet a marriage counselor but get lost, a suspicious cop advices them to take a little road that finally took them to the House.

Inside the apparently deserted house there is another couple, Leslie and Randy, they seem not to have troubles like Jack and Stephanie, and the 4 of them are soon meet the 3 weird hosts of the house(Stewart, Betty and their son Pete).

They are about to have dinner when all that seemed weird and unpleasant becomes even weirder and dangerous just at the moment a can with 3 House rules appears.

The rules where made by a misterious guy named White who wears a tinmask. The 3 rules could be very well summarized in one rule "give me a dead body by dawn and I may let you live"

Up to this point I thought the book was amazing, I would ask a little more character development of the two couples, but otherwise it was a really nice beginning.

(view spoiler)

I think that after all that dark beginning of the book I was a little bit dissapointed by the "good always beats the evil" kind of ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House [With DVD].

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Suzi Faith most of frank peretti's book are full of ligt a real bringer of hope with strong christian themes that nring understanding to the spiritual realm. real light at the end of the tunnel books. the story line and plot are unlike peretti but the descriptive and elaborate writing style is.