Erin's Reviews > Come of Age: The Road to Spiritual Maturity

Apr 10, 2013

it was ok
bookshelves: first-reads, religious
Read from February 10 to April 10, 2013

I graciously received this book for free through goodreads giveaway.

First off, I must state that I'm not a religious person.

However, I began this book with an open mind and have come to find that I have enjoyed other religious books.

The author of this book likes to toot his own horn and repeat the same stories over again. I was digging his enthusiasm for Jesus and doing the right thing until I came upon his opinions regarding things like homosexuality. This like "Heath Ledger killed himself partly because they made him play a gay man in Brokeback Mountain" really turned me off from the author and I had a hard time trusting his word again. The worst part for me was the chapter in which he claims to have healed people from things such as blindness or paralysis. Sorry, I didn't believe that Jesus did it, and I don't believe that you did either. I do like how he preaches that people should come first and that you should care for and be kind to every walk of life, but you shouldn't have to believe in Jesus or God to be able to do that.

This book was just ok, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I do hope that the author really did help all of those people he claims to help in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come of Age.