Sasha's Reviews > All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder

All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder by Frank Miller

Aug 01, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, graphic-novel
Read in July, 2011

I'm fairly new to the comic book world, I'm only now foraging into the Batman universe... I loved this one! Batman is insane and over the top, in an oddly believable way. The way he outsmarted everybody was great, especially Superman, since I've never ever ever liked him. Not too happy about Frank's treatment of Green Lantern since he's not too bad, but the yellow room scene was pretty ingenious.

Another thing that didn't sit well with me was the oversexed art. Now the art itself was fantastic, I loved most of it! And I might get some grief for being a girl and of course not liking the abundance of hot babes... but come on, it's too much. It's cheap and unnecessary.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder.

message 1: by Hilary (new)

Hilary Man, I need to read that. Frank Miller's work tends to oversex women a a fair deal, but it's par for the course in the genres he treads in. I'd be happy to lend you my copy of The Long Halloween if you'd like to give it a read :)