Dominick's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Book Three

The Walking Dead, Book Three by Robert Kirkman

Aug 01, 11

bookshelves: graphic-novels, horror
Read in August, 2011

Volume three offers more zombie (and human) violence as our intrepid survivors try to carve out a place for themselves in the post-zombie-apocalypse world. Lots of nastiness, and more than a few moments that either strain credulity or seem designed mainly to shock or to show off how bad-ass someone is, but to his credit, Kirkman devotes plenty of space and dialogue to the moral complexities of the survival imperative. I'm amused that in a book this graphically violent (and there's one sequence in parfticular that had me literally squirming), explicit sexual content is avoided, even in contexts when it would not only be narratively appropriate but would in fact seem to be as relevant as the graphic violence. Ah well, it's not like that double standard is going to change any time soon. . . . Anyway, NOT for anyone disturbed by extremely explicit and graphic violence, but if you can take it and like zombie stories, this one's pretty good. I'm curious to see how long they can spin it out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Book Three.