Sift Book Reviews's Reviews > The Dying of the Light: End

The Dying of the Light by Jason Kristopher

Feb 07, 12

bookshelves: kevin
Read in February, 2012

I took a bit of a chance on this book because it I thought it might be a little too outlandish for my taste, and boy am I glad that I gave it a shot. This book was great. I even sacrificed sleep on quite a few nights to read just one more chapter.

I read the hardcover version of this book, and I was impressed before I even opened it. The cover art is gorgeous. Oliver Wetter, did a fantastic job and I have a feeling that many people will be attracted to this story by the cover alone. My intrigue didn't end there. Just a few pages past the cover, Jason Kristopher provides two very useful lists. The first is a list of notable characters, and it is followed immediately by a list of acronyms used throughout the book. I often have trouble remembering all the characters whenever there are more than about 5 major ones. This list of characters really helped refresh my memory when a character would reappear. Being a military story, there were also quite a few uncommon acronyms used throughout the book. Having the list at the beginning of the book allowed me to easily flip back instead of having to find the page in which each acronym was first introduced.

See the in-depth review at Sift: http://www.siftreviews.com/2012/02/dy...

Review by: Kevin of Sift Book Reviews
Sift Book Reviews received a free copy for review from the author. This has, in no way, affected the reviewer's opinion.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dying of the Light.