StorySeekers's Reviews > A Touch Mortal

A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford

Jul 15, 2012

bookshelves: 2011
Read from August 01, 2011 to April 15, 2012

The first half of this book had unexpected twists and you don’t know what’s going to happen next. This is what kept me reading because I was so curious on what’s going to happen next. This is a gripping, dark, paranormal romance.

One thing you need to know before reading the book or the series, the book is about people that killed themselves. There is suicide and some cuss words. The one I noticed the most was the f word, so if you’re okay with reading that, then the rest didn’t seem so bad. Once you see the first couple, you are like “Hey, there are cuss words in this book.”. But afterwards, you kind forget about them, because the story is more exciting.

Now let’s go onto the story and the characters. Our main character, Eden, is going through a very dark time when she feels like no one will care if she died. At first, I was like, oh my god; you’re starting off with a scene like that! But it makes you connect with the character on deeper emotional level. Then in comes Az and Gabriel and it like the moods switches, which was really just ah, there’s still hope for her.

Then Leah Clifford surprises you!

And ugh, the characters! I can’t believe I fell in love with so many characters before.

Eden is different from other characters I have read in awhile. She is a tough girl exterior and some points, I thought she was being selfish. But it’s so hard not to love her!

Another character I grew to really love is Kristen. She was kind whacky and strange, but over-all I would have missed her if she wasn’t in the story. She kind of reminds of Luna Lovegood but a darker version. She’s smart, weird, but sometimes superevil.

Man, ugh, the ending! It was epic and heart-breaking. Luke is one of my fav villains ever. He and another character(no spoiler here!) just make it so hard to read but you had to keep reading because you didn’t want to miss anything. And you definitely don’t want to miss the ending.

-Gaby

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Touch Mortal.