Lynsey's Reviews > Boss Man

Boss Man by Sierra Summers

Aug 18, 11

bookshelves: tone-erotica, theme-bdsm-kink, romance-contemp
Read in August, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I really liked this but I felt a couple of things were unexplained or unexplored. I'm not sure if I read between the lines too much or perhaps there was more content that was later edited out.

First of all, the love scenes were pretty incredible. Although my tastes are ever evolving and I'm not a huge fan of menage right now, the scenes at the start of this really did set my hair on fire! I think it's a real gift to be able to fling your characters straight into a love scene without much build up. This was done believably and effortlessly.

What didn't add up for me was that Dante and Penny are both unsure that the other recognises them from high school and so neither of them mentions it - I found that odd. Also, if their mutual crush really was a two way street, why didn't either of them pursue it and why didn't Dante ask Penny to the prom? I know he had another girlfriend at the time, but why was he with her?

I was a little taken aback that Andrew and Dante know Kale so well. When Kale finds her boyfriend cheating, Andrew's reaction of 'I'm going to kill him' really took me by surprise. I assumed this was because the unavailable woman that Andrew is secretly pining for was Kale, but this didn't happen which for me left those two threads hanging. Perhaps there are plans for a sequel?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boss Man.