Sam's Reviews > Starcrossed

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Aug 01, 2011

bookshelves: amazing-loved-it, obsessed, book-with-gorgeous-boy, reviewed, i-own, demigods-and-super-powers, all-time-favourites, brilliant-series
Read in July, 2011

Read more of my reviews at Falling Books!

Starcrossed is a book full of fun and action. It's an emotional rollercoaster. It will make you laugh, smile, cry and all the other complicated emotions that I can't explain. Josephine Angelini has created an exciting and dangerous world full of demigods and forbidden love that you can't get enough of.

Are you tired of reading about Vampires, Wolves, Fairies, Witches and Angels? Then Starcrossed is for you! If you think you know all the paranormal beings out there then you are wrong! I can promise you that there is no other Demigod book that could satisfy you more that this one. You will fall in love with all the characters in minutes after being introuduced to them. You will become addicted to the world where the sky is the limit when it comes down to unusual powers. Not once will you think, "This is boring." Starcrossed will keep you hooked until the very last word.

Our main character, Helen, is a beautiful young girl who lives with her dad on a tiny island called Nantucket. She is a perfectly ordinary girl, at least she thinks she is. Until the gorgeous Delos family turn up. Helen is drawn to Lucas Delos, but has a terrifying urge to kill aswell. When she first sets eyes on him in her school hall, she thinks he is the hottest boy she has ever seen, but there's nothing like getting a little killing out the way first. Soon, Helen is sucked into the world of Demigods and mysterious powers that have been with her all her life. Helen's attraction to Lucas is becoming more and more visible to everyone, and too soon, they fall in love. But it isn't allowed. For Lucas is in the House of Thebes and Helen is not, if they are together....The gods will fall and declare war on them all.

Sounds pretty amazing right? I know some of you are thinking, "Demigods? House of Thebes? What are you talking about, Sam?" Yes, yes, I know you want to know more, and I want to tell you. It's just that I want you all to experience the shocks with out me spoiling it for you. So, before I blab too much, GO AND BUY STARCROSSED! It's available in most countries.

Overall, Starcrossed is a book that everyone should read and experience. I recommend it to everyone who loves a good complicated romance and greek mythology. Josephine will leave you breathless with this stunning debut that has touched thousands across the world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starcrossed.

Quotes Sam Liked

Josephine Angelini
“Never say never,” he said urgently, rolling back on top of her and using all of his unusually heavy mass to press her deep into the cocoon of her little girl bed. “The gods love to toy with people who use absolutes.”

Josephine Angelini
“I was right." She dropped the sword and grabbed Helen in a hug. Then she started jumping up and down, making Helen jump with her. "You're not dead! This is... You have no idea how happy I am I didn't just kill you!" she squealed.”

Josephine Angelini
“She decided that if Lucas was gay then she was going to have to get a sex change operation. He would be so worth it.”

Josephine Angelini
“What the holy hand grenade was that?”

Josephine Angelini
“He's not going around telling everyone you're monkey-butt crazy, so at least you brutalized a seriously sweet guy.”

Josephine Angelini
“Get this. So he comes up to me at lunch, right? And he starts asking me all these questions about you. Like, how long have I known you, where are you from, did I ever meet your mom before she skipped town...'

'My mom? That's weird,' Helen interrupted.

'And I start answering him with my usual flair for clever repartee,' Claire said, a bit too innocently.

'Translation: you insulted him.”

Josephine Angelini
“I don’t care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart.”

Josephine Angelini
“So, what can't you take? Decide which of the two options is harder, and do the other. That way, no matter how hard your choice turns out to be, at least you can find comfort in knowing you're avoiding something even worse.”

Josephine Angelini
“The Gods know what it is to be eternal, and they love to toy with mortals who use absolutes.”
tags: gods

Josephine Angelini
“How do you know all this about me?" Helen sputtered. Claire sighed.
"After I pushed you off the roof..." she began.
"After you WHAT?" Lucas yelled.”
Josephine Angelini, Starcrossed

Isabel It would be a GREAT movie, right? Let's keep our fingers crossed. ;)

April Sellers Is there only 3 in this series?