Aaron's Reviews > Gone for Good

Gone for Good by Harlan Coben

Aug 04, 11

Read from August 01 to 02, 2011

This was my first experience with Harlan Coben and I don't think I'm clamoring to read another. I didn't hate this. It was good enough entertainment for a couple of days. But I can't recommend it.

Characters are one-dimensional. But they almost have to be. Revealing too much of each character wouldn't allow Harlan Coben to change what all the characters are and what they stand for and what they'r emotivated by in the last twenty pages. Seriously, this was one of those novels where a new revelation happens every two pages for the entire span of the last forty pages. No, I'm not a good guy. I'm the bad guy! So am I! So is she! I was just joshing. I'm a good guy! I've been hiding my motivation all along so that I can pull this gun out and shoot the real bad guy!

With that said, Coben's plot has a break-neck pace. I appreciated that. It made the whole affair finish up that much faster.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone for Good.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Diane Agree!! This book had one of the most absurd endings ever. If I even tried to make sense of it all I'm sure there would be plot holes all over the place. But I don't care enough. For a fast paced book it sure took me forever to finish it. I'm done with Coben!